FILL A FOOD BOX
We distribute food every week, Tuesdays through Thursdays. All of the food provided to residents in the East Chattanooga community is donated to us. We have some pretty awesome food partners who donate food that can no longer be sold in stores but is still fine to eat. However, we often find ourselves in need of boxes or sacks to give out the food in.
You can bring us boxes as an individual, a church, a classroom, a company, etc.
Here's how you can help:
1. Grab your boxes! Save your boxes from deliveries, Costco trips, etc. Don’t throw them out. We can use them!
2. Decorate + Pray over them. This step is optional, but one we recommend. We would love for you to pray over the box, fill it with notes, or maybe decorate the outside of it. This gives the space to share encouragement and joy with whoever gets your box!
3. Fill them with food items. Again this is another optional step, but remember all of our items are donated and sometimes we run low on food. We take perishable and non-perishable items for the food boxes.
4. Drop off your box at Hope. Once your box is ready to go, drop it off at our front desk and our receptionist will get it to the right spot!
5. Share your experience with us! We would love to hear from you about what this process was like. Was it weird buying food for someone you don't know? If the food in that box was all you could eat for a week, how would you feel? How did it feel to pray over the box or share notes of encouragement? Let us know!
current food needs:
proteins: ground beef, chicken, pork, etc.
loaves of bread